October 18, 2012

A Blog about Wines


Leia em Português

A blog to tell stories about wines! Stories contained in every single bottle, that are revealed when you taste a glass. And you may just want to drink the wine without bothering to any story, and that's fine, but for those who are passionate about the wine, is almost impossible to have a glass without noticing what's beyond it!

I got into wines a few years ago, when I start reading about wines. I was curious about the different countries, so many grapes, etc. When I moved to Europe, I was travelling extensively around wine producer countries, and I took the opportunity to slake my curiosity, and this have given me a fair idea on the places, the people and the stories behind what goes into the bottle. I was developing a natural knowledge for the wines already, and then this year I decided to go seriously into it and enrolled myself on a WSET course.

Although I have a lot to learn yet, the course has opened myself to broader tastes and experiences with wines, which I intend to continue next year!

Because of my interest in wines my friends usually ask me "what makes a good wine", but this is a question I just cannot answer! Apart from the technicality of the structure, acidity, tannins, etc, a good wine is the one you happily buy and enjoy drinking! The technicality can help a bit, and even suggest some food pairing, but in the end, your pleasure is the most important thing when looking for a good wine! I'll be writing about my personal taste, based on the knowledge I'm still acquiring, and I hope you enjoy it, and hopefully we can learn a little bit more together...

Salute!

1 comment: